Office Lean Module I
AnalLean is a proven methodology to enable business results and create an engaged, problem-solving culture. Office Lean takes manufacturing-based principles and applies them to non-traditional industries, including healthcare, insurance, government, utilities, and not-for profits. Through the execution of required capstone projects, students apply these methodologies and principles directly to their own organizations and receive real-time coaching and feedback from instructors and peers.
Recently, organizations have begun using Office Lean as a business operating philosophy and key productivity factor to streamline and eliminate waste from administrative processes, improve quality, and achieve bottom-line savings.
Module I (2 Days)
- Lean implementation structure
- Success stories – industry and prior Office Lean classes
- Hands-on simulation of batch vs. flow
- Value and waste identification and elimination
- Basic tools to visualize the value stream
- Effective metrics
- Culture and leadership
- Change management and acceleration
- Prioritizing improvements
- Improvement event structure and tactics
- Launch capstone projects using concepts learned
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Tue.-Wed., Oct. 6-7
Location: UWM School of Continuing Education
CEUs: 1.4, PDHs: 14
Enrollment Limit: 40
Program Number: 4820-8257
Registration Deadline: Tue., Oct. 6