Office Lean Module I
Lean is a proven methodology to enable business results and create an engaged, problem-solving culture. Office Lean takes manufacturing-based principles and applies them to non-traditional industries, including healthcare, insurance, government, utilities, and not-for profits. Through the execution of required capstone projects, students apply these methodologies and principles directly to their own organizations and receive real-time coaching and feedback from instructors and peers.
Recently, organizations have begun using Office Lean as a business operating philosophy and key productivity factor to streamline and eliminate waste from administrative processes, improve quality, and achieve bottom-line savings.
Module I (2 Days)
- Lean implementation structure
- Success stories – industry and prior Office Lean classes
- Hands-on simulation of batch vs. flow
- Value and waste identification and elimination
- Basic tools to visualize the value stream
- Effective metrics
- Culture and leadership
- Change management and acceleration
- Prioritizing improvements
- Improvement event structure and tactics
- Launch capstone projects using concepts learned
Paul Pejsa has over 25 years of experience in research, engineering, manufacturing, service and process improvement. At Pratt & Whitney Aircraft, Paul led DOD and NASA funded research in high temperature super alloys. Within GE’s Transportation and Healthcare businesses, he ... read more
Tom has over twelve years of experience in manufacturing and operations. Tom is a Continuous Improvement Leader for the BloodCenter of Wisconsin, helping transform a diverse, 900 employee, $150M healthcare organization with activities spanning basic research to direct delivery of ... read more
Dates and locations to be announced.