.NET – Practical Application Programming with .NET and Visual Studio
Discover how easy it is to create Windows applications and websites with Microsoft Visual Studio. Explore ASP.NET, VB.NET and C# languages in this all-inclusive development solution. Learn essential concepts to design dynamic websites. A hands-on class project will guide you through a simple content management system to use on your site before you leave!
- Setup in Visual Studio 2010
- Configuration Files
- User Interface
- Master Pages, Themes and Skins
- User Session
- Menus, Panels, Labels, Buttons, Radio Buttons, Checkboxes
- Uploading and Exporting Data Files
- Gridview Table Management
- Form and Control Event Handlers
- Transferring Data to Controls
- Connecting Databases to Controls
- Saving and Loading Data
- AJAX and Using the AJAX Control Toolkit
- Sending Emails
- Basics of Building a Web Service
Basic understanding of programming concepts and structures.
Great overview of vb.net. I have vb programming experience in Office applications and this showed the possibilities of using Web based apps.
— Student, 2014