Negotiation Skills for Public Managers: ‘Winning’ Without Creating ‘Losers’
What are the strategies and tactics you need to be a better negotiator? Learn what to do – and what not to do – to increase your ability to negotiate a satisfactory resolution. Explore the emphasis placed on the practical realities of negotiating in all aspects of professional life. Knowing what traps to avoid and what to do well will increase your confidence level at the bargaining table. Effective public sector managers must be able to influence the behavior and actions of their team members, coworkers, the public and others they interact with. Focus on ways to develop, build and maintain win-win relationships, while resolving differences in real world day-to-day situations.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Accomplish desired outcomes while building lasting partnerships
- Recognize numerous ‘gambits’ and ‘moves’ and how to counteract them positively
- Use various ways to prepare for effective negotiations
- Identify the four key negotiating skills you must have
- Utilize the roles of power, time and information