Listening and Monitoring Strategies for Social Media
Listening is a key component of every social media program. Learn how to create and leverage a social media listening program to help your organization understand online activity. The program will explore setting up keywords for listening programs, response frameworks, and how to align and set smart goals and objectives.
Key deliverables from this course include:
- Strategic Listening, Response framework and Keyword tracking plan
- Community Management plan
- Social Media Strategy Brief
Who Should Attend
Individuals responsible for the day-to-day management, monitoring and content development for social media programs. Marketing professionals who need to understand social media listening and monitoring concepts and strategy.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Understand the importance of an active, daily listening plan to monitor platforms and engage audiences
- Understand the purpose and functions of community management
- Understand how social media can be used for brand monitoring, share of voice and audience needs
- Establish keyword tracking framework for daily listening
- Establish a community management work plan
- Create messages for response framework support
- Understanding a new model for how consumers research and purchase
- Establishing a strategic listening program
- Define and align goals that your social media program can support
- Create a strategy brief to organize your social media strategy
- Create Objectives and Targets for your social media program
Understanding of social media within an organization social media platforms.
Access to Course Site
You will receive an email approximately one week prior to the start date of the class with instructions on setting up your username and password and how to access the online course site.
This is an instructor-facilitated, online asynchronous course. You are required to have routine access to a computer with Internet. You are also required to have a recent version of Microsoft Office Suite or comparable program. Course materials will be provided in the online course site (D2L).
Each week you will be given readings and assignments to complete. You will be expected to log in and complete assignments within the deadlines given in order to be awarded CEUs and the Certificate of Completion. However, within the deadline you will be able to complete the readings and assignments at your leisure. If you have questions about deadlines you can work with the instructor.
Certificates of Completion will be mailed once your coursework has been completed.
I learned how to effectively listen and monitor with online research and the benefits of creating useful content. This course helped my department better view how our community researches and connects with us using media platforms. Also, it helped us to include certain keywords that may draw our audience to our organization. Thank you.
— Student, 2015
Dates and locations to be announced.