iPhone/iPad Apps – Native Phone and Tablet Development
Discover the exciting world of iPhone application development. Develop a complete native “app” using Xcode and Interface Builder, and learn the differences between mobile platforms – iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Windows Phone 7 – from an experienced developer. This course provides a great hands-on opportunity to learn development tools and best practices for anyone who wants to be an iPhone/iPad developer.
*We recommend that students bring their own MacBook loaded with Lion and latest version of Xcode.
Take this course individually or as part of the Web or Mobile Certificate program.
Who Should Attend
Those wanting a jumpstart to setting up the iOS development environment. This includes mobile or web developers and programmers.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
After taking this course you should be able to:
· Utilize latest tools and methods to develop native iPhone and iPad Apps
· Understand the user interface for iPhone and iPad
· Identify opportunities in the mobile space
- Setting Up Your Environment
- iPhone / iPad SDK (Software Development Kit)
- Objective-C programming language
- Xcode and Interface Builder
- iPhone / iPad Simulator
- App Distribution and Publishing – App Store
Matt Friedel is an excellent instructor! He is patient with his students, cares that they learn, helps them individually, answers questions, and encourages class participation. It is so much fun learning his materials! He is one of the best!!! I would not change anything about this program.
— student, 2013