Introduction to Internet Architecture and Technologies
Learn basic technical concepts and services that make the Internet work. Explore “behind the screens” when connecting to and using the Internet, key standards, services and protocols that make communication possible.
Take this course individually or as part of the Web Certificate Programs.
Who Should Attend
This course was created for those who want to begin or enhance a career in Web Design or Development.
- History and structure of the Internet
- The effect of interoperability on the Internet
- How people and computers get connected
- Roles of key providers of Internet services
- Basic Internet Technologies (IP, TCP, UDP, etc)
- Understanding the technology behind key services
- Multimedia and the Internet
- The Internet’s ecommerce environment
- Internet security and personal protection
Great intro course. Got a much better understanding of how things connected. Instructor was very knowledgeable of the subject and had a great instructor-student presence.
— Student, 2014
Steve was extremely knowledgeable and it’s amazing how much I was able to get out of just one day of class. He also kept it fun and moving, so the day really flew by! VERY IMPRESSED so far and can’t wait for the rest of my courses.
— Student, 2015
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Dates and locations to be announced.