Introduction to Digital Marketing Analytics
Learn how to implement Google Analytics into a website and become familiar with the Google Analytics user interface. You will learn what the data means, how to filter and segment data within the reports, and how to customize Google Analytics to capture more meaningful data for your website, including conversions.
This course is designed for business and marketing-minded individuals who want to learn about digital analytics tools – specifically Google Analytics – but have little to no experience with the tool. Please see prerequisites in regard to setting up your Google Analytics account for this course.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for business and marketing professionals/students.
- Learn about different digital analytics tools (what they offer, when to use them, etc.)
- Getting started with Google Analytics
- Understanding metrics and dimensions, what they mean and how to accurately analyze each
- Overview of Google Analytics reports and key features
- Learn how to customize your Google Analytics to capture conversions, internal site search usage and more
- Setting up alerts and dashboards through Google Analytics
Prior knowledge of analytics tools such as Google Analytics may be helpful but is not required. Setting up a Google Analytics account prior to the course is recommended, however, if you do not setup an account you may use a ‘test’ account that will be provided during the course. Note that access to the test account may be removed at any time after the course ends, so you may lose any setup information within that account.
I will be able to use knowledge gained in this course immediately when returning to work. I would recommend this class to others.
— Student, 2015