How to Read a Nonprofit Financial Statement
Interpret the major financial accounting statements by nonprofits. Understand the types of financial statements and how they differ from for-profit financial reporting. Learn the uses of analysis, or ratio analysis for nonprofits.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Identify and describe the documents and financial statements included in a nonprofit organization’s financial report
- Describe the nature of business enterprises and nonprofit organizations, as reflected by the statement of financial position
- Define financial (ratio) analysis and explain its objectives and limitations
- Identify the various categories of financial ratios used in nonprofit analyses
- Define and calculate the ratios within each category
- Analyze the information found in nonprofit statements of financial positions, activities and cash flows
This workshop is self-paced and online. You will have access to this workshop for 30 days. Upon successful completion, you will receive a University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, School of Continuing Education completion verification.
Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.
This workshop is designed for adult learners involved or interested in nonprofit management.
Open enrollment - register any time
Program Number: 7350-8456
Note: Students will have access to workshop for 30 days
Registration Deadline: Wed., June 29