How to Read a Nonprofit Financial Statement
Interpret the major financial accounting statements by nonprofits. Understand the types of financial statements and how they differ from for-profit financial reporting. Learn the uses of analysis, or ratio analysis for nonprofits.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Identify and describe the documents and financial statements included in a nonprofit organization’s financial report
- Describe the nature of business enterprises and nonprofit organizations, as reflected by the statement of financial position
- Define financial (ratio) analysis and explain its objectives and limitations
- Identify the various categories of financial ratios used in nonprofit analyses
- Define and calculate the ratios within each category
- Analyze the information found in nonprofit statements of financial positions, activities and cash flows
This workshop is self-paced and online. You will have access to this workshop for 30 days. Upon successful completion, you will receive a University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, School of Continuing Education completion verification.
Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.
This workshop is designed for adult learners involved or interested in nonprofit management.
Online, course available July 1, 2015-June 30, 2016
Program Number: 7350-8456
Note: Students will have access to workshop for 30 days
Registration Deadline: Wed., June 29, 2016