Fundamentals of Organizational Development
Receive a thorough introduction to organizational development – its history, purpose, terminology, practices and the implementation of Organizational Plans. Study the impact of organizational culture, and take a look at various change management models from different perspectives.
This is the recommended first course for those pursuing the Organizational Development Certificate and is the prerequisite for some of the courses in the certificate.
Who Should Attend
- Training and Development Managers
- Managers and Supervisors
- New or Experienced Trainers
- HR Professionals
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Conduct developmental culture scoring
- Identify vision, mission and values
- Organize action research and appreciative inquiry
- Introduction to Organizational Development
- Defining OD
- Life Cycle
- Internal vs. External
- Developmental Culture Scoring
- Terminology & Practices
- Vision, Mission & Values
- Strategy, Tactics, Goals, Objectives
- Change Management
- Organization & Employee Viewpoints
- Success Rates & Communication
- Four Change Models
- Action Research & Appreciative Inquiry
- Core Values & Change
- OD Plans
- Developing an OD Plan
- Life Cycle
Sessions include a morning and afternoon 15-minute break.
Lunch and snacks are provided each day. Discounted parking is also available for those who park in the adjacent Grand Avenue parking structure.
Dates and locations to be announced.