Fundamentals of Organizational Development and Change Management
Receive a thorough introduction to organizational development – history, purpose, terminology, practices and the implementation of OD plans. Study the impact of organizational culture, and take a look at various change management models from different perspectives.
This is the recommended first course for those pursuing the Organizational Development Certificate and is the prerequisite for some of the courses in the certificate.
Who Should Attend
- Training and Development Managers
- Managers and Supervisors
- New or Experienced Trainers
- HR Professionals
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Conduct developmental culture scoring
- Identify vision, mission and values
- Organize action research and appreciative inquiry
- Introduction to Organizational Development
- Defining OD
- Life Cycle
- Internal vs. External
- Developmental Culture Scoring
- Terminology & Practices
- Vision, Mission & Values
- Strategy, Tactics, Goals, Objectives
- Change Management
- Organization & Employee Viewpoints
- Success Rates & Communication
- Four Change Models
- Action Research & Appreciative Inquiry
- Core Values & Change
- OD Plans
- Developing an OD Plan
- Life Cycle
Sessions include a morning and afternoon 15 min. break.
Lunch and snacks are provided each day. Discounted parking is also available for those who park in the adjacent Grand Avenue parking structure.
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Wed.-Thu., Apr. 6-7, 2016
Location: UWM School of Continuing Education
Instructor: Mary Kurer
$745 if you register by Wed., Mar. 23, 2016.
$795 if you register after Wed., Mar. 23, 2016.
Enrollment Limit: 25
Program Number: 7710-8818
Note: Approved for 14 (HR (General)) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute // Pre-approved by the Society for Human Resource Management for 14 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) towards the SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP
Registration Deadline: Wed., Mar. 30, 2016