From Conflict to Resolution: Managing and Mediating Conflict at Work
Unresolved conflict is a huge source of frustration, and mistrust, and can cause damaged relationships within organizations. Understanding of the underlying triggers of conflict (both organizational and interpersonal) and confidently applying strategies and using appropriate tools can turn conflict into a growth experience that moves both the relationships and the organization forward. This course is essential for anyone who desires stronger relationships and a higher level of productivity and satisfaction in their work.
Allison Cooley, Founder and CEO of Effectability, LLC is an experienced facilitator, instructor, speaker, organization effectiveness consultant and professional development coach. Since 1990, Allison has made an impact on more than 20,000 individuals across the US in her workshops, retreats, ... read more
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Recognize common causes of conflict in the workplace.
- Understand your communication and problem solving preferences and identify how your style might cause tension or conflict with another person, especially under stress.
- Evaluate different conflict management approaches and appropriately choose the best approach based on the situation.
- Identify possible conflict resolution strategy and select the best strategy for the situation.
- Provide feedback effectively and appropriately to prevent a conflict or keep a conflict from escalating.
- Follow a step-by-step process to productively engage in tough, high stakes conversations that move toward resolution of the conflict.
- Engage in active listening to encourage effective problem solving.
- Organizational and interpersonal sources of conflict
- Common organizational conflict sources
- Interpersonal style differences and the tension they cause
- Self assessment – individual style attributes and how they might be a source of conflict.
- Situationally adapting your style to stave off conflict.
- Conflict management strategies
- Preventing a conflict by effectively giving and receiving feedback and active listening.
- The five conflict management approaches and appropriate uses of each.
- Effective conflict management strategies and selecting the most effective strategy.
- Engaging in high stakes communication
- Discuss a step-by-step process to effectively engage in productive high-stakes conversations
- Prepare for and practice a high-stakes conversation
Program fee includes morning and afternoon refreshment networking breaks, lunches, instructional material, and discounted parking.
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.