Foundations for Effective Digital Marketing
This course introduces the key elements of a successful digital marketing strategy. Learn how business objectives drive marketing objectives and how customer-based insights support development of market-led strategies that achieve those objectives. Understand the components of an integrated digital marketing strategy and how to obtain, convert and retain customers to grow your business. Learn about digital marketing tools and trends through hands-on activities, projects and case studies.
Key deliverables from this course include:
- Digital Marketing Objectives
- Keyword Portfolio
- Segmentation/Personal Identification Plan
- Digital Marketing Strategy Draft
Whether you’re a traditional marketer who needs to digitize your skills or you are familiar with digital concepts, this course will allow you to set the stage for preparing a digital marketing strategy for your organization.
Introduction of Capstone course for individuals pursing the Digital Marketing Certificate.
This course is part of the Digital Marketing Certificate. It can be taken as part of the certificate or individually.
Who Should Attend
Digital marketers who want to learn more about the key components of an integrated Digital Marketing Strategy.
General marketers or marketing executives who need to understand digital marketing tactics and strategy.
Social Media, Web or other marketing specialists who want to broaden their marketing role.
Business owners who want to effectively market their business through a digital marketing strategy.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Understand digital marketing concepts and how they relate to business and marketing objective
- Learn a systematic approach for creating an integrated Digital Marketing plan
- Gain customer insight through targeting and segmentation planning
- Identify the tools required to create an effective digital marketing strategy
- Introduction – Digital Marketing Concepts
- A Market-led approach to digital marketing focused on market research and target market insights
- Targeting and segmenting
- Taking an integrated approach to Digital Marketing
- Keywords and Content
- SEM – Search Engine Marketing
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization
- E-mail marketing
- Social Media
- Brand identity/message
Participants should have a solid understanding of the sales and marketing function within an organization. A degree in Marketing or related field and/or 2 years of experience in a marketing related field are preferred. A solid understanding of marketing concepts.
This course is offered in a 4 week online format.
"Both Troy and Adam are extremely knowledgeable – true digital as well as overall marketing experts , and I learned a ton of practical digital marketing tactics and strategies that can be used in my organization immediately!" — Student, 2016
"This course exceeded my expectations. I really enjoyed that this course focused on your actual job and helped you to create strategies to use moving forward in your current position. The weekly presentations and videos were helpful and to-the-point. Loved it!" — Student, 2015