Finance Skills for Non-Financial Managers
Managers are responsible for leading processes and teams, and making daily decisions that impact the company’s success. Decision making is highly influenced by the organization’s financials. This course provides you with a financial foundation to help you make sound assessments and business recommendations. Understand the accounting process and enhance your ability to project your organization’s financial performance. This course helps you to evaluate financial trends and better understand financial statements.
Who Should Attend
New managers with responsibilities for planning, forecasting, or making business recommendations, and existing managers looking to enhance their understanding of financial concepts in order to be more effective decision makers.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Understand basic finance and accounting concepts
- Learn how to analyze and interpret financial statements
- Explore the concepts of financial planning and forecasting
- Learn how to make better business decisions using financial ratios
- Accounting & Finance – Building Blocks
- Recording Financial Transactions
- Building and Understanding Financial Statements
- Financial Planning and Forecasting
- Variance Analysis
- Making Business Investment Decisions
- Analyzing and Interpreting Financial Information
- Financial Ratios
Program fee includes morning and afternoon refreshments, networking breaks, lunches, instructional material, and discounted parking.
"Good discussion throughout the course. Dale was very open to taking questions and the class responded. Having people in similar industry/roles was also nice." — Student, 2016