Finance Skills for Non-Financial Managers
Managers are responsible for leading processes and teams, and making daily decisions that impact the company’s success. Decision making is highly influenced by the organization’s financials. This course provides you with a financial foundation to help you make sound assessments and business recommendations. Understand the accounting process and enhance your ability to project your organization’s financial performance. This course helps you to evaluate financial trends and better understand financial statements.
Ann Martel is the instructor of Finance Skills for Non-Financial Professionals for The School of Continuing Education at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Ann is a highly regarded business leader with a passion for delivering high-energy presentations and classes on the ... read more
Who Should Attend
New managers and individual contributors with responsibilities for planning, forecasting, or making business recommendations. Existing managers looking to enhance their understanding of financial concepts in order to be more effective decision makers. Entrepreneurs who need to know the financial impact of running their own businesses.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Understand basic finance and accounting concepts
- Learn how to analyze and interpret financial statements
- Explore the concepts of financial planning and forecasting
- Learn how to make better business decisions using financial ratios
- Accounting & Finance – Basic Rules of Business
- Running a business – the circulation of capital
- Building and Understanding Financial Statements
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Variance Analysis
- Making Business Investment Decisions
- Analyzing and Interpreting Financial Information
- Financial Ratios
Program fee includes morning and afternoon refreshments, networking breaks, lunches, instructional material and discounted parking.
"Really happy with it. Ann did a great job. She had a good way of keeping it interesting and the class example we used was for a manufacturing company so matched up well with what I was looking for." — Larry Templeton, Weber-Stephen Products LLC
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Date: Thu.-Fri., Nov 16-17
Location: UWM School of Continuing Education
Instructor: Ann Martel
$845 by Thu., Nov. 2.
$895 after Thu., Nov. 2.
Enrollment Limit: 30
Program Number: 5050-10204
Registration Deadline: Thu., Nov. 16