Emotional Intelligence III: The Ultimate Stress Buster
The ability to manage our emotional states is critical to also managing our day-to-day stressors and preventing burnout. The good news is that emotional intelligence is a skill that can be learned, continuously refined and deepened. Explore the five domains of emotional intelligence and how they affect your stress, and develop a plan for building an emotional equilibrium.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Learn the five domains of Emotional Intelligence and how they affect your stress
- Understand common emotion errors and how they sabotage our resourcefulness and abilities
- Complete the Personal Stress and Well-Being assessment to determine your critical challenges
- Develop a plan for building skills for emotional equilibrium and decreasing stress
- Laugh and enjoy learning practical tools you can put to use right away!
DAY ONE – Self Awareness, Self-Management, Building Self-Efficacy
- EQ Check-in
- Speed of Change and its impact on our lives
- 10 question stress quiz
- 34 Stress Symptoms
- 14 second relaxation technique
- 5 Domains of Emotional Intelligence
- 12 Part Stress Test
- The Strategic Pause
- Thoughts and Emotions – the Stress -Control Factors
- Improv: “What are you doing?”
- How the Committee stole our joy
- Minding the Pressure Cooker: what do we do with pent-up emotions
- The Million Dollar Question: “What are you willing to give up your unhappiness for?”
- Building Stress Management Competencies
- The Tuning Effect – a powerful state management tool
- 6 causes of job stress
- 3 Primary symptoms of job stress
- What to do about job stress
DAY TWO – Other Awareness and Relationship Management
- EQ check-in
- How are others affecting your stress levels?
- Tips for dealing with stressors
- Setting Boundaries with others for self-care
- Stop Doing and Tolerations List
- Strategic Pauses
- Creating Positive Relationships
- Laughter – the great stress reliever
- Creating Your Plan and Getting Support
- Stressed spelled backward is Desserts!
- Improv: Dr. Know It All
I. How available are you?
A. Domains of Emotional Intelligence
B. Speed of Change
C. Stress Test
D. Stress Symptoms
E. 14 Seconds to Relaxation
F. Minding the Pressure Cooker
G. Stress Management Competencies
H. 6 Causes of Job Stress
I. Strategic Pause
K. Quick Tricks for De-Stressing at Work
L. My 60-Day Action Plan
M. The Work Stress Inventory
N. The Personal Stress Inventory
O. Facilitator’s Guide—Personal Stress and Well-Being
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Tue.-Wed., May 17-18
Location: UWM School of Continuing Education
Instructor: Patricia Clason
$845 if you register by Tue., May 3.
$895 if you register after Tue., May 3.
|Early Registration Discount||Register by Tue., May 3 and receive $50 off.|
Register two or more people and receive $50 off of the current price per registration. Use discount code: GRP
Early registration discounts will subtract automatically from the fee if the registration is submitted prior to the deadline. All other discounts require the code in the left column to be entered on the registration form. Only one discount code can be entered on a registration form.
Enrollment Limit: 30
Program Number: 5050-8670
Registration Deadline: Tue., May 17