Effective Speaking and Presentation Skills
Regardless of one’s personal charisma or charm, presenting clearly and persuasively is a skill that everyone can learn, refine and master. Good presentation skills are central to success in today’s organizations. Those who are successful are the people who can transmit their views, ideas, and enthusiasm to others through presentation with grace and ease.
In this course, you will develop presentation techniques every effective speaker needs. Discover the elements of great speeches, then practice them in small groups. This course is for those new to delivering business presentations or those that need to refresh or “uplift” their current presentation skills.
Rose Meagher is an accomplished talent development professional. She currently leads the Meagher Consulting Group LLC. She and her associates provide clients with services that include talent and organization development, customized learning strategies, leadership development, behavioral and 360 assessments, team ... read more
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Ability to prepare an effective presentation customized to the needs of your audience with a defined purpose.
- Recognize the critical planning steps to creating an opening that captures the audience’s attention, a middle message that brings your idea to life, and a close that is a call to action.
- Determine the best approach to take in the design of your presentation so that your ideas are received without confusion.
- Learn to deliver your presentation with a positive image, confidence and credibility.
- Address questions and keep participants engaged during a presentation.
- Create a follow-up interaction your audience won’t forget.
- Warm up / Introductions
- Why presentation skills are important in the communication process
Developing the Content
- Define the purpose of the presentation. What is the purpose to inform, persuade, demonstrate, or inspire?
- Know your audience. Demographics, Psychological, What do they need?
- Organize the information by creating the message with a clearly defined open, emphasis on main points and memorable close.
- Determine the best approach to delivering the message in other words, what is the best way to present the information?
- Keep the message simple, clear, consistent, and concise.
- Use of visual resources and technology (i.e. handouts, technology, videos, flip charts, white boards, notes, PowerPoint).
- How to establish credibility with your audience through trust, expertise, influence, and most importantly with integrity.
- Ensure interest by adding spice, your examples and stories and then choosing the right words.
- Understand and conquer fear of speaking in front of others.
- Tap into the power of your presence.
- Prepare and deliver a 5-minute presentation with a partner.
- Prepare and deliver a 5-minute presentation on your own.
Program fee includes morning and afternoon refreshments, networking breaks, lunches, instructional material, and discounted parking.
"I really liked that the class size was small enough that everyone received a lot of attention." — Joe Young, We-Energies
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.