Effective Interpersonal Communication Skills
Learn about your communication style and how it affects others. Uncover your listening skills. Employ strategies for motivating performance improvement and overcoming perceptual barriers.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Flex your communication style to improve understanding
- Apply techniques for managing difficult moments in sensitive conversations
- Listen actively when it’s difficult to do so
- Overcome perceptual and other communication barriers
- My Personal Development Plan
- Barriers to Learning
- Effective Communication
- Factors Affecting “Meaning”
- Goals and Values
- Perceptual Biases
- Non-Verbal Communication
- Using PACING to Build Rapport
- Communication/Behavior/Social Styles
- Utilizing Style Flex
- Gender Communication
- Perception Checking
- Emotional Intelligence
- The Ladder of Influence
- Communicating Non-Defensively
- Keeping Your Cool
- Nondirective Questions
- Reflecting Skills
- 5 Kinds of Advice-Giving
- Giving Challenging Feedback
- Three-Part Message
- “Constructive” Criticism
- Dealing With Defensiveness
- Benefits of Feedback
- Descriptive Recognition
Program fee includes morning and afternoon refreshment networking breaks, lunches and instructional material.
Directly applicable to my responsibilities at work.
— Greg Fisch, Director of Computer Operations, Julie Inc.
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Wed.-Thu., June 8-9
Location: UWM School of Continuing Education
Instructor: Laura Page
$845 if you register by Wed., May 25.
$895 if you register after Wed., May 25.
|Early Registration Discount||Register by Wed., May 25 and receive $50 off.|
Register two or more people and receive $50 off of the current price per registration. Use discount code GROUP.
Early registration discounts will subtract automatically from the fee if the registration is submitted prior to the deadline. All other discounts require the code in the left column to be entered on the registration form. Only one discount code can be entered on a registration form.
Enrollment Limit: 30
Program Number: 5050-8698
Registration Deadline: Wed., June 8