Digital Analytics Strategy: A Structured Approach to Measuring, Interpreting and Reporting Data
This course provides a structured process for creating a digital analytics strategy based on the goals and objectives of your organization. Determine if you are collecting the right data and how to set Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) based on identified goals. Get hands-on understanding of analytic methods such as conversion funnels, measuring by segment and data mining. Learn how to interpret data and create a dashboard based on KPIs. Acquire reporting strategies that allow you to structure data into a meaningful presentation appropriate for C-level managers.
Key deliverables for this course include:
- Analytics Strategy
- Presentation suitable for Upper Level Management
This course is part of the Digital Marketing Certificate. It can be taken as part of the certificate or individually.
This is a blended class with curriculum presented both online and in the classroom.
Who Should Attend
- Marketing Managers and Coordinators
- Web Developers
- Content Creators
- Public Relations Professionals
- Business Analysts
- Social Media Professionals
- Sales and other related professionals who need to set KPIs, track, measure and present results to management
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Understand the process of creating a digital analytics strategy
- Interpret data gathered in Google Analytics
- Identify key performance indicators for your organization
- Create an analytics dashboard to measure movement toward successful completion of your organization’s business goals/objectives
- Test user experience to measure and maximize results
- Understand best practices in digital analytics strategy using real world examples
- Communicate digital analytics strategy and results to upper management
- Analytics 2.0
- Understanding the scientific method
- Measuring business/digital strategy
- Analytics methods
- Reporting strategies
- Creating an analytics dashboard for your organization
- Presenting results to upper management
- Basic digital analytics course or a solid understanding of Google Analytics
- Existing Google Analytics account
- Excel Level II course or a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel including a familiarity with Pivot tables and formulas.
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and how to embed Excel tables
- WordPress Basics course or a basic understanding of WordPress
- A solid understanding of marketing concepts
Summer 2016: This course meets at UWM SCE for a full day on 6/24 and 7/15 and a half day on 7/22.
3 Fri., June 24-July 22
Location: Online and Blended
Instructor: Jeff Larche
Enrollment Limit: 20
Program Number: 5026-8451
Note: Online: Fri., June 24-Fri., July 15
Face-to-Face: Fri., June 24 & Fri., July 15, 8:30am-4:30pm; Fri., July 22, 8:30am-12pm
Face-to-Face days meet at the School of Continuing Education.
Registration Deadline: Tue., June 21