Without appropriate delegation, your team will become inefficient and demoralized. It’s one of the most important management skills you can establish. Learn to delegate effectively and you’ll also find it saves you time, develops your people, grooms a successor and motivates your team.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Learn when it is appropriate to delegate work, and when it is not
- Discover how delegation helps create a successor for you, and why that is important for your company
- Understand how to effectively delegate work to have it accomplished in the most efficient way possible
- Why to delegate
A) Good managers delegate
B) Why people don’t delegate
- When to delegate
- What to delegate
A) What not to delegate
B) Never delegate unnecessary tasks
- What should I delegate?
- Selecting delegates
A) To whom should you delegate?
B) Additional factors
C) Why employees might not want you to delegate to them
- How to delegate
- Steps in delegation
A) Smarter goals
B) Written copies of goals
- Ineffective feedback
- How to provide effective feedback
D) Non-verbal support
E) Give positive feedback
- Things to remember
A) Be aware of communication styles
B) What is your communication style?
- Different levels of delegation
C) Deployment chart
- Examples of successful delegation
A) Continuous quality improvement
- How do you treat the people you manage?
A) Ten commandments for effective delegation
- How well do you delegate?
- Case study examples
- Task analysis and who to select
- Rate yourself as a delegator who listens
A) When delegating a task to another person do you: ..?
- Case study examples
- Common errors in goal-setting
- How to give effective feedback
- Turn off/turn on styles
- Personality chart analysis
- What workers want
- “Don’t bother me except when it’s important” case study
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Wed., Mar. 2
Location: UWM School of Continuing Education
Instructor: Sue Schoenfeld
$345 if you register by Wed., Feb. 17.
$395 if you register after Wed., Feb. 17.
|Early Registration Discount||Register by Wed., Feb. 17 and receive $50 off.|
Register two or more people and receive $50 off of the current price per registration. Use discount code GROUP.
Early registration discounts will subtract automatically from the fee if the registration is submitted prior to the deadline. All other discounts require the code in the left column to be entered on the registration form. Only one discount code can be entered on a registration form.
Enrollment Limit: 30
Program Number: 5050-8679
Registration Deadline: Wed., Mar. 2