Creating and Innovating Through Change Within the Public Sector
Being innovative in the public sector often involves challenging the status quo and breaking with your agency’s past traditions, processes and procedures. How do you challenge the status quo and break from proven traditions without being labeled a “heretic” or “troublemaker”? Learn how to successfully introduce innovation and creative ideas into your organization. Understand why others might resist innovation and how to respond to resistance when it occurs. Leave this highly interactive workshop with a personal plan that identifies some concrete steps you will take to introduce new ideas and to sustain those new ideas in your organization.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Describe the origins of others’ resistance to innovation and change
- Identify specific actions you can take to reduce resistance and build commitment by others to the new ideas
- Successfully introduce an innovation or change following a four-phase “leading change” model
- Discuss the most common reasons why change initiatives fail and the actions you can take to avoid these mistakes
- Develop a step-by-step plan for introducing your innovation or change
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Dates and locations to be announced.