Creating a Trauma-Sensitive School 1: Culture and Environment
This session focuses on environmental awareness, trauma processes, adherence to student’s learning styles as well as their attention and behavior levels, and establishing coherent connections through your professionalism to address traumatic school centric issues.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Provide an environment that addresses the needs of students who have experienced trauma
- Develop policies and practices to create a compassionate trauma-sensitive and informed school
- Facilitate staff awareness of the impact of trauma on student’s learning, attention and behavior
- Explore models of creating a safe and healing school environment to assist traumatized and stressed children in learning
- Develop a strategy to link with medical and mental health professionals to address trauma-induced memory and attention deficits, behavioral and physical health issues, and integration of trauma assessment in special education
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Dates and locations to be announced.