Capstone – Digital Marketing Certificate
The Capstone is an optional course for those participating in the Digital Marketing Certificate program. This course provides the opportunity for professional application of the digital marketing skills obtained in the program. Participants summarize, evaluate, and integrate their academic and professional experience into a comprehensive Digital Marketing Plan for their organization (or an organization of their choosing).
The Capstone course is structured as a self-paced course, delivered in a one-on-one format. Participants in the Digital Marketing Capstone are assigned a capstone mentor who is an expert in this field. The capstone mentor assists the candidate in applying skills learned in the program to real-life business scenarios. Throughout the program, the mentor advises on the assembly of their capstone project – the Digital Marketing Plan. Course work can be completed online, through face-to-face meetings or virtual meetings as agreed upon by both the participant and the mentor, and is completed in a four-week time frame.
After completing the capstone project and Digital Marketing Certificate Program requirements, candidates have the option to present their capstone project to a panel of UWM Digital Marketing staff, their capstone mentor and other business professionals.
Deliverable: Digital Marketing Plan
Who Should Attend
Participants completing the Digital Marketing Certificate Program.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Understand the process of creating a Digital Marketing Plan
- Understand how to align business objectives with digital marketing strategies
- Recognize the importance of an integrated plan
- Learn how Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and measurement analytics drive goals and create specific measurement processes
- Mentor assigned for Digital Marketing Certificate Capstone course
- Mentor and participant meet at schedule touch-points throughout the course
- Collaborate with mentor on the creation of Digital Marketing Plan
- Present plan to business/marketing professionals (optional)
Completion of course requirements for the Digital Marketing Certificate.