Calvary Cemetery Lecture and Tour
Learn about Calvary Cemetery and Chapel with a lecture by local architect Keith Schultz, followed by a guided tour through the grounds the following day. Calvary Cemetery is the oldest Catholic cemetery in Milwaukee. It was consecrated by Milwaukee’s first Archbishop, John Henni, in 1857, and is the final resting place of many famous Milwaukeeans. Designed by Erhard Brielmaier, it rests on one of Milwaukee’s highest elevation points, providing spectacular views of the city. The Romanesque chapel was built of cream city brick in 1899, and was intended for services, prayer and as a mausoleum for clergy.
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Dates and locations to be announced.