Business Writing: Editing and Revising
Learn to think like an editor and develop copy editing skills you can use at work. Discover how to proofread for grammar, punctuation, word usage, organization and coherence. Explore the relationship between writing and editing.
Two weeks prior to class you may submit a sample writing project that needs editing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Understand the purpose of editing and revising
- Learn how to proof for organization and meaning
- Comprehend various methods for correcting grammar and punctuation
A) Editing and revising – my opinion
- An Overview
A) Apply these revision techniques
- Take CARE when you revise
A) 12 editing and revising steps
B) Read and revise a sample document
- Duke University’s: Improving Your Writing Style
B) How many actions?
D) Which example..?
E) Example of punctuation and its effect on meaning
G) First draft from letter requesting information
H) Revise form
J) Closing thoughts
Dates and locations to be announced.