Transformational Project Management
As organizations become more driven by increased specialization, universal-information sharing, continuous change and densely integrated markets, the PM’s role is rising to higher levels of corporate responsibility. PMs must become a soft skills practitioner, if not expert, with awareness of the most important factor of all and the key to a project’s success – the human element – which is quickly being forgotten in today’s fast-paced project milieu.
Explore problem solving, personal tact and diplomacy, interpersonal relations, coaching and integrity in decision making. Gain a greater understanding of the soft skills needed in project management: diplomacy and problem-solving abilities, transforming “problem” staff members into effective collaborators and ensuring accountability, responsibility, honesty and respect from top to bottom throughout a project life cycle.
Who Should Attend
- Professionals working in a global company or on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Project managers and business analysts working on big or small projects.
- Business managers who have resources assigned to projects.
- IT managers
- Programmers, systems analysts
- Project support managers
This course is designed for professionals working in a global company or on multidisciplinary teams. It is also a perfect complement to the PM Certificate: Online Track, and rounds out training for project managers of all levels.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Incorporate cultural differences into managing staff and material resources
- Master conflict management
- Coach problem team members
- Utilize the Integrity Centered Decision-Making model to produce better project outcomes.
You will be introduced to the 5 Pillars of Transformation:
- Awareness (Diplomacy)
- Strategy (ICDM)
- Innovation (Problem Solving)
- Peoplistic (behavioral analytics)
- Connection (coaching)
You will discover the importance of quick and effective Human Potential Assessment, the fundamentals of coaching, how anyone can develop the diplomatic skills needed in today’s complex stakeholder world, and how and why is the key that unlocks almost every problem you’ll face as a PM. In addition, this course will help you to be proficient in the deployment of the critical soft skills needed for success.
Finally, you’ll learn how to ensure that issues of integrity are factored in to your decision-making, using a simple breakthrough process called Integrity Centered Decision-Making (ICDM) developed by the instructors and used successfully for nearly a decade.