Adobe Photoshop – Basics
Receive an introduction to the many powerful image editing tools available in Adobe Photoshop. Learn how to use the core tools, and explore the basics of working with images and layers to produce sophisticated graphics for web and print.
Take this course individually or as part of the Web or Digital Marketing Certificate programs.
Who Should Attend
First-time users or those with limited knowledge of Photoshop, including web developers, web designers, marketing specialists, programmers, small business owners, photographers or anyone tasked with preparing images for print or web use.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Understand the basic functions of the many powerful image editing tools available in Adobe Photoshop
- Walk away with the confidence and knowledge to start editing images for print or web use!
- Using the Photoshop environment
- Working with images and selections
- Resizing images
- File size and format
- Creating and modifying layers
- Adjusting and retouching images
- Preparing finished images for the web and print
Experience using Windows operating system. Attendees should be proficient with using computers.
Excellent instructor – I can’t wait for the advanced class.
— Student, 2014
The teacher was outstanding. I knew nothing about Photoshop and feel thoroughly confident after this course.
— Student, 2014
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Thu., Nov. 5
Location: UWM School of Continuing Education
Instructor: Shelly Rosenquist
Enrollment Limit: 20
Program Number: 5026-8444
Registration Deadline: Wed., Nov. 4