AC #6: Leadership in Early Childhood Programs – Capstone
AD LDSP 586
Focus on the leadership role of the administrator, within the program and as part of the child care profession, managing the process of change and organizational growth and development. Present a culminating portfolio and a project that integrate aspects of the first five courses. This is a capstone course and can only be taken after the first five have been successfully completed.
Angel Stoddard’s passion to support administrators and early childhood professionals in their pursuit of excellence throughout their program and the field is evidenced by her career path. With a Master’s degree in Administrative Leadership, Angel teaches full-time for UW Milwaukee ... read more
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Ability to apply the knowledge and skills gained in the first five courses as resources for short term and long range strategic planning and evaluation related to program growth and change
- Knowledge of the interrelationships between aspects of program operation
- Ability to develop a shared vision
- Ability to understand the role of values
- Understanding of reflective practice
- Understanding the difference between leadership and management and the importance of both
- Understanding of leadership styles
- Knowledge in theories of change and their applicability to program planning, policy effectiveness and internal operations
- Ability to work individually and as resources for each other in the development of substantial projects that integrate necessary aspects of program management
AC #1, AC #2, AC #3, AC #4, and AC #5
Course available Sept. 11-Nov. 18
Instructor: Angel Stoddard M.S.
Fee: $1,286 Graduate tuition is $2,223. Listed fees are an estimate. Actual fees for fall semester TBD by August.
Undergraduate Credits: 3, Graduate Credits: 3
Enrollment Limit: 15
Note: Call Tamara Johnson at 414-227-3334 for credit registration.
Registration Deadline: Wed., Aug. 23