AC #3: Financial Management & Planning in Early Childhood Programs
Analyze the principles of sound financial management. Gain a better understanding of the critical relationship between financial management and program quality.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Understanding of the basic principles of sound financial planning and management
- Understanding of the relationship between financial management and program quality
- Ability to develop fair salary policies and scales
- Understanding of budget use and management including utilization factors, deviation analysis and functional cost analysis
- Ability to develop a basic line-item budget
- Ability to develop a monthly cash flow projection for one year
- Understanding of breakeven concepts and applications and ability to develop a breakeven chart
- Ability to balance the budget, including principles for cutting and revenue enhancement
- Ability to compare budgeted expenditures to actual expenditures and to analyze differences
- Ability to read and understand financial reports
- Understanding of the cost of staff turnover
- Understanding of basic customer orientation for marketing and cost of losing customers
AC #1 or AC #2
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Dates and locations to be announced.