AC #2: Operations Management in Early Childhood Programs
ED POL 582
Discuss principles, practices and systems involved in managing early care and education programs in the context of complex social and economic environments. Implement improvement strategies to upgrade your program’s standard operating procedures.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Understand of the basics of system theory and apply that knowledge to the operation of quality early care and education programs
- Learn to design and implement systems within child care programs
- Understand that there is a body of knowledge on management theories as they relate to children’s programs
- Understand standard operating practices and when they are needed
- Develop organizational methods for the program, such as project management
- Understand the relationship of systems to program quality
Dates and locations to be announced.