AC #2: Operations Management in Early Childhood Programs
Discuss principles, practices and systems involved in managing early care and education programs in the context of complex social and economic environments. Implement improvement strategies to upgrade your program’s standard operating procedures.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Understanding of the basics of system theory and the ability to apply that understanding to the operation of quality early care and education programs
- Ability to design and implement systems within child care programs
- Understanding that there is a body of knowledge on management theories as they relate to children’s programs
- Understanding of standard operating practices and when they are needed
- Develop organizational methods for the program, such as project management
- Understanding of the relationship of systems to program quality
Dates and locations to be announced.