Business Communication Certificate
Effective communication skills are imperative as organizations become more complex and global. Companies are looking for employees who have solid communication skills that can help them succeed in a complex business environment.
Written, spoken and interpersonal communication are integral to your personal and professional success. Earn a Professional Certificate in Business Communication from Wisconsin’s premier public, urban university. Increase your skills, earning potential and value in the workplace.
Learn how to produce clear, concise and powerful written messages, develop techniques to deliver an engaging presentation, improve your listening skills, and more. Professional instructors with real-world experience provide up-to-date knowledge in small group sessions.
This certificate can be customized based on your skill level to meet your specific needs.
Courses may be taken individually or towards a certificate.
Who Should Attend
Business professionals looking to improve communication skills and develop organizational communication plans. HR professionals looking to gain skills for coaching and mentoring managers who communicate with staff.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Improve written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Understand the importance and components of a strategic communication plan
- Learn how to effectively collaborate with customers and employees
- Present a professional image to clients and colleagues
- Adapt communication style to improve active listening
- Apply techniques for managing difficult conversations
- Overcome perceptual and communication barriers
- Gain skills and an understanding of emotional intelligence in the workplace
Earn the certificate by completing 5 core courses and 2 elective courses within 3 years.
Wed., Nov. 16
Tue., Apr. 18, 2017
Wed.-Thu., Dec. 14-15
Thu.-Fri., June 22-23, 2017
Thu., Oct. 13
Tue., Jan. 31, 2017
Thu.-Fri., Oct. 20-21
Wed.-Thu., May 10-11, 2017
Fri., Sept. 9
Fri., Jan. 20, 2017
Earn the certificate by completing 5 core courses and 2 electives within 3 years.
Tue., Oct. 4
Wed., Mar. 1, 2017
Tue., Dec. 6
Tue., June 13, 2017
Tue., Nov. 15
Tue., May 16, 2017
Wed., Sept. 21
Tue., Feb. 14, 2017
Tue., Nov. 1
Fri., Mar. 31, 2017