ScholarshipsCheck back for updates! Note: These are scholarships from external sources not the RHC. If you have questions about any of the scholarships please contact the organization or institution providing the scholarship. We do not take any applications for the scholarships listed below, these are here for informational purposes.
|Name||Award Amount||Deadline||Status||Additional Info|
|FastWeb||Varies||Varies||Check website for more details|
|College Board||Varies||Varies||Create account to view specifics of scholarships|
|Broke Scholar||1,000 +||Check in July (varies)|
|Acturial Scholarships for Minority Students||$1,000-$4,000||May 5||• Minimum GPA of 3.0
• Emphasis on math or actuarial courses.
• Entering college freshmen must have a minimum ACT math score of 28 or SAT math score of 600.
|First Generation Scholarship - UWM||$1,500||Contact the Department for further information about application processes and deadlines.||• Junior or senior status (56 credits or more earned) by August 31, 2017.
• Full-time student in 2017-18 (24 credits or more for the year; 21 of those must be in the College of Letters & Science).
• In the first generation of your immediate family to attend a four-year college (Your parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles did not attend college; you can have cousins or siblings who attended college.).
• Cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher.
• A declared major in the College of Letters & Science (verify this by reviewing our list of L&S majors).
|UWM Scholarships||Varies||Varies||Many of our scholarships and awards are for sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduate students. More limited scholarship money is also available to new incoming freshman and new incoming transfer students.
Our undergraduate scholarships are broken down into two categories: college-wide scholarships which are available to a range of majors, and major-specific scholarships.
|Donald R. Shea Undergraduate Scholarship||$500||April 7||*Study abroad*||The scholarship may be used for UWM sponsored semester-long or short-term study abroad in the Latin American/Caribbean region, and for other academic opportunities in the region that can be accepted for UWM credit.|
|Hispanic Scholarship Fund||$500-$5,000||March 30||U.S. Citizen, legal permanent resident (DACA Students are eligible as well)||Must be of Hispanic Heritage/Minimum of 3.0 GPA for High School Students/Minimum of 2.5 GPA for College and Graduate Students/Plan to enroll Full-Time in an accredited, not-for-profit, 4-year university, or graduate school, during the FALL of a scholarship cycle (year).|
|UWM Financial Aid||Varies||Contact the Department for further information about application processes and deadlines.||U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident|
|Western Reserve Herb Society Scholarships||$12,500||April 1||The programs are open to undergraduate students who are studying horticulture or related fields such as landscape architecture or horticultural therapy. The purpose of the program is to help those students whose career goals involve teaching/research, sustainable agriculture or work in the public or nonprofit sector and sustainable agriculture.|
|Wisconsin Hispanic Scholarship||Varies||Check back in March 2017||• Must be a Wisconsin resident.
• Must have a minimum of 2.5 GPA
• Must have applied to or be enrolled in a Wisconsin college/university.
• Must be a full-time student. (12 credits or more)
• Must complete a minimum of 20 hours of volunteer service for the WHSF/Mexican Fiesta. (Dates and times to be determined by the Committee)
Must be a minimum of 25 % of Hispanic descent.
College/University applicant must submit current official or unofficial transcripts.
High school seniors applicant must submit current official or unofficial transcripts, acceptance letter and copy of ACT or SAT score report.
Attend the Student Informational Forum Decisions of Today, Impact of Tomorrow (Not mandatory)
|First Generation Scholarships||Varies||Check website for deadline||Check website for individual scholarships listed. Note: Some scholarships are college specific so make sure to check before applying.|
|Dreamers Road Map||$500-$25,000||Varies||Open to DACA/undocumented students||For years undocumented students have struggled more than permanent residents or citizen students in everyday situations. Our tool will equip DREAMers to realize their full potential and path to college.|
|Davis-Putter Scholarship Fund||Up to $8,000||April 1||Does not inquire about immigration status or social security to redeem award||Scholarship primarily for need-based students|
|Alliance||$500-$50,000||Varies||See link for details||Multiple scholarships listed. Please see link for each scholarship for more details.|
|AICPA for Minority Accounting Students||$1,500-$5,000||Varies||Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or permanent residents (green-card holders)||GPA Requirement: 3.3|
|Acturial Scholarships for Minority Students||$1,000-$9,000||May 1, 2017 (check back next yr)||Does not require immigration status or social security number||Intent on pursuing a career in the actuarial profession, high school or undergraduate college, GPA requirement: 3.0|
|Geraldine "Polly" Bednash Scholarship||$5,000||April 30, July 31, October 31||• 3.2 GPA This scholarship program provides $5,000 in support to outstanding nursing students in baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral programs at AACN member institutions.
• Eligible applicants must be admitted or enrolled in a nursing school affiliated with CastleBranch or have submitted an application through nursing’s centralized application service, NursingCAS.
|Lawton Scholar||Contact: 414-229-7234||The Lawton Scholarship at UWM is an invitation only award. Before the start of the semester, Financial Aid will run a list of eligible students and send an invitation to them to join the program. To be eligible, students must:
Identify as African-American, American Indian, Latino/a, and/or Southeast Asian American
Have earned at least sophomore standing by completing 24 credits
Have earned a minimum 2.25 cumulative GPA
Enroll in at least 12 credits per semester
Demonstrate financial need via the FAFSA
• Lawton is awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
If offered the scholarship, students are strongly encouraged to accept the award.
|CHS First Generation Student Scholarship||$1,000||February 1, 2017 (check back in 2018)||U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident||Full-time underrepresented first generation undergraduate student in the College of Health Sciences with financial need. → Contact: Angela Rintelman, email@example.com (414) 229-2758|
|McNair Scholars||$2,800||February 2017 (check back in in 2018)||U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident||• Graduate Program
• Be a first-generation college student (neither parent has received a four-year bachelor’s degree).
• Come from a low-income family as determined by the U.S. Department of Education.
• The remaining participants may be from a minority population that is underrepresented in graduate education (African American, Hispanic, or Native American).
• See website for additional requirements
|Fastweb Hispanic Scholarships||Varies||Varies||Varies||Varies|
|Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers||Varies||Open: March 1|
Close: July 31
|Our primary goal in scholarships is to fill the gap in the Hispanic education pipeline from K-12 education to successful career placement in STEM fields.|