Applicants for the Rhetorical Leadership Program must have completed a bachelor’s degree (in any field) prior to admission, must have a minimum 2.75 cumulative undergraduate grade point average, and should declare their intent to pursue the certificate/concentration before completion of six credits in the Rhetorical Leadership sequence.
Application Process for the Certificate: Online Form
Certificate applicants not already admitted to the UWM Graduate School must file a non-degree application using the Graduate School ‘s Online Application Form.
Application Process for the Concentration
- Gain admission to the UWM Department of Communication Graduate Program
- Complete the RL application form. Word doc
- Submit the RL application form to:
Director of Rhetorical Leadership Program
P.O. Box 413
University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee
Milwaukee, WI 53201
- The official copy of your undergraduate transcript in your graduate admission file will serve for the RL application, too.
- Enroll in Rhetorical Leadership courses for the semester.
Applicants for either the Certificate or Concentration are encouraged to contact Kathryn Olson, Director of the Rhetorical Leadership Program, at any point in the application process.