Your PantherCard is your key to all kinds of services and events at UW-Milwaukee. It is your official university identification and as a student or employee you are required to carry it with you whenever you are on campus. You will be asked to present your UWM PantherCard to use the library and other campus facilities, to obtain a UPASS, ride the shuttle service, or ride B.O.S.S. If you do not have a PantherCard, please click here for more information.
As a UWM student, your PantherCard (Student ID) offers two debit service accounts: Gold and Resident Accounts. You can use your PantherCard in place of cash at many locations across campus. To activate either of these accounts, simply place money on them. There are no service charges for either account, and because your purchases are tax-free your PantherCard may save you money!
- Purchase merchandise and services at the UWM Panther Shop, all housing main desks, Restor, Union Theatre, Union Recreation Center, SARUP Lab, Studio Arts & Crafts Centre and the Union Station.
- Purchase food (tax-free for students) at all Restaurant Operations locations.
- Laundry services at Sandburg, Kenilworth Square, Riverview, Purin, and Cambridge Commons.
- The Resident Account is for residents of Sandburg Hall, Cambridge Commons and Riverview, and used to purchase food on the Restaurant Operations meal plan. It can be used at all Restaurant Operations locations for tax free food.
- For more information on the Resident Account, call UWM Restaurant Operations at (414) 229-4146 or Residence Life at (414) 229-4065
Activating your PantherCard Gold Account
To activate your Gold Account, complete the Gold Account Contract (download the PantherCard Gold Account Contract or pick one up in PantherCard Services at Union 143) and mail with a check to PantherCard Services. Your money will be processed and added to your Gold Account within three days of receipt.
Depositing to your PantherCard Gold Account
To deposit money in your PantherCard Gold account, you can do any of the following:
- Visit our GetFunds site where you or your parents/friends can make deposits to your PantherCard Gold or Resident accounts.
- Via cash value card (CVC) machines located around campus.
- You can also add to your Gold Account at any time in person at PantherCard Services in Union 143.
1.GOLD account members may buy goods and services at any open participating retailer. Your PantherCard allows you to pay for services in lieu of cash by placing money on your Gold Account in advance of the service being rendered. Gold Account balances remain available as long as the card owner remains a member of the University community subject to the abandonment fee noted in section 4.
2. To activate your GOLD Account, go to GET.cbord.com, choose UW-Milwaukee and register. Once registered, you may manage your gold account through your GET Mobile app (The Cbord Group, Inc.) or through a web browser at GET.cbord.com. You can add money to your GOLD account ($2 convenience fee), track purchases and balances, send emails to request deposits be made on your behalf to friends and family, and report your card lost on the GET mobile app. You may also add money to your Gold Account Monday through Friday, 8a-4:30p in person at the PantherCard Office in Union W143. Hours may vary during academic year breaks and holidays.
3. The PantherCard must be presented to the participating retailer cashier. Each time the card owner makes a purchase, the cashier will swipe your card, record the amount and your balance will be reduced. The only limit is the balance on the card. Your balance can be checked at the time of purchase at any register or anytime on your GET Mobile app or at www.GET.cbord.com.
The PantherCard is nontransferable. Only the rightful owner pictured on the card would be eligible to use the card.
The PantherCard Gold Account is the same as money. UWM Retail Services is not liable for a lost or stolen card. The card owner should report a lost card on the GET Mobile app or at www.get.cbord.com/uwmilwaukee.
You must replace your card at the Panther Card office Union W143 (card replacement fee is $15).
4. Fees are as follows:
-No annual service fees for GOLD account active members.
-No minimum balance required.
-All refunds of balances will be charged $15.00.
-Inactive accounts will be charged $15.00 annually. When there is no balance, the account will be closed.
-$2 per transaction convenience fee for GET deposits.
5. Participating units are subject to change and listed at www.uwm.edu/PantherCard/retailers.
Monday-Friday 10:00 am – 4:00 pm