The UW-Milwaukee Testing Center provides machine-scanning services for classroom exams. Standard scannable forms can accommodate up to 200 questions with 5 possible answer choices. Standard pdf reports include student test score rosters and test statistics for the group such as standard deviation, difficulty factor, average score, median score, highest score, lowest score, and number of respondents. Exam data is also available in an Excel or D2L file format. An email link for exam scoring results will be sent. Results are posted via SharePoint.
There is a 24-hour turn around time for all exams during regular semester hours. During Final Exam Processing hours, the exam turn around time is 4 hours. Job requests that are improperly prepared will be returned for corrections and must be resubmitted.
Exams that are not picked up from the Testing Center within a month of the processing date will be shredded. To order answer sheets click here.
Please contact the Testing Center at 414 229-4689 with any questions.
1) Request Exam Processing. In order to ensure quick and accurate results, you must complete and submit the Exam Processing Request from our online application. This will include department information, email/phone number, and the type of reports requested. To order answer sheets click here.
2) Answer Sheet Drop Off. You will need to drop off the answer sheets in the Testing Center, Mellencamp Hall B28 during office hours or use the Registrar’s drop box outside of the building. The drop box is located off the south east parking lot of Mellencamp Hall. Exams should be sealed in a Ty-Vek envelope (available from our front desk at no charge). Please label your envelope with “Attn: Testing Center.” The Testing Center will log your exam the following morning.
Note: The Testing Center is not responsible for any material dropped off other than exam answer sheets and keys.
Once the answer sheets are received you will be assigned a job number for your reference.
All exams require a key sheet. This sheet must have the correct answers filled in.
- Darken in the circles for each correct answer. Make sure that all marks are dark and completely fill the circles.
- Write “key” and the professor’s name in the Name Field. Do not darken the circles for the name.
Answer sheets should have the student name bubbled in. If you are requesting D2L format, the student identification number must be filled in..
- Answer sheets must be filled out with a #2 pencil in order to be read by the scanner.
- Answer sheets filled out in ink will not receive results.
- Do not make marks along the left hand edge or the bottom of the sheet.
- Face all answer sheets in the same direction.
- Do not fold, bend, or staple the sheets. Keep the sheets flat and dry.
- Creased or wrinkled answer sheets may not be scannable.
Multiple Sections: If you have a multiple section test, where you have two keys and two versions of the same test given to students, keep both sections in separate envelopes. When you check in your exam, indicate on the Exam Scoring Request form that you have two sections. Each section will produce separate reports.
The Testing Center is happy to serve you and will make every effort to meet your needs. If you have any questions, please ask a staff member in the Testing Center, and we will be glad to assist you.
D2L files include name, ID, and raw score.
Excel files can be customized to include name, ID, total score, responses, special codes, number correct, percentile, percent score.
- D2L Tutorial
- Class Frequency Distribution Report
- Condensed Test Report
- Student Grade Report
- Test Item Statistics Report
- Detailed Item Analysis Report
- Test Statistics Report
- Student Statistics Report
- Condensed Item Analysis Report
Exam reports will be shared through SharePoint. You will receive an email with a link to your folder.
3) Exam pick up. An authorized representative must pick up the answer sheet sheets. We do not send exams materials through inter-campus mail as that compromises test security. You or the representative will need to present a valid photo ID. Answer sheets that are not picked up from the Testing Center one month after drop off will be shredded.