Be Aware and Alert
- Be aware and alert to what is going on around you.
- Stand tall, walk confidently, and make eye contact with those around you.
- Be aware of your surroundings especially when using a handheld device.
- Know where the nearest blue light phone is.
- Know the hours of B.O.S.S. and SAFE.
- Know your destination and how you are getting there.
- Download the UWM mobile app for easy access to campus safety resources.
- Have your local police department on speed dial on your cell phone.
- Campus police #’s Emergency: (414)229-9911 Non-emergency: (414) 229-4627.
- Keep doors locked, even if you are away for only a few minutes.
- Do not leave electronics, purses, wallets, or backpacks unattended.
- Lock your vehicles to prevent theft of or from your vehicle.
- Never leave valuables in the passenger compartment of vehicles.