Safety Awareness for Everyone (S.A.F.E.) Alerts
Sign Up for S.A.F.E. Alert Text Messages
To get text messages, you must enter a cellphone number in the cellphone blank in your student account (PAWS).
To get text messages, go to getrave.com and follow the steps below:
- Enter *University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee* (this is case-sensitive), and then select to continue.
- Use your ePantherID to log in to the system.
- Click the box to accept the terms and continue.
- Click to add your cellphone number and follow the prompts. You must have the phone you are registering with you because you will receive a 4-digit code to enter and confirm your registration.
S.A.F.E. Alert Email Messages
All students, faculty members and staff have been automatically entered into the new system using their UWM email addresses. No action is needed to receive SAFE Alerts at your uwm.edu email address.
What is S.A.F.E. Alert?
Safety Awareness for Everyone (S.A.F.E.) Alert allows students, faculty, and staff to receive notifications via text message or email in the event of campus emergencies. S.A.F.E. Alert is completely voluntary, and will be used for emergency contact purposes only. Emergency purposes include credible, life-threatening or serious incidents that present imminent danger. S.A.F.E. Alerts may be used in situations that are dangerous or life threatening, including criminal activity, weather warnings and environmental safety concerns. At no time will it be used to distribute advertising or other unsolicited content.
- S.A.F.E. Alert is available to members of the UWM campus community.
- Subscribers to S.A.F.E. Alert text messages will pay no fees for the service, other than normal fees charged by their mobile service provider for receiving text messages.
New S.A.F.E. Alert System
Please note: As of September 2016, we have a new vendor for our email and text S.A.F.E. Alerts: RAVE Mobile Safety. Because this is a new system, if you have registered a cellphone for text messages in the old system, you must re-enter the phone number in the new system. No action is needed to receive S.A.F.E Alerts at your uwm.edu email address, because all uwm.edu email addresses have been automatically entered into the new system.
S.A.F.E. Alert Questions or Problems?
For any problems or questions you may have regarding the S.A.F.E. Alert system please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. S.A.F.E. Alert emergency notification system provided by RAVE Mobile Safety.
For more information, visit the UWM Police website