Job title: Planetarium Show Developer/Programmer (Part-time)
The UWM planetarium is looking for a motivated, self-sufficient team player to join our production team. The production team is responsible for developing and building the Friday night shows, shows for school groups and special events. This individual must be able to work as a team, but also must be able to take direction and accomplish tasks by themselves.
- Proficient in Keynote or PowerPoint.
- Proficient in Photoshop.
- Proficient in video editing software. (Premiere, Avid, etc.)
- Can handle fast paced projects.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Can work as a member of a team and independently.
- Have an interest in Astronomy.
- Other Adobe products experience is a plus.
- Ability to edit audio is a plus.
Interested candidates should send resumes and cover letters to Dr. Jean Creighton at email@example.com
On-Campus Journalism, Advertising, and Media Studies Internship
The UWM Manfred Olson Planetarium has over 10,000 yearly visitors and is seeking student interns to educate and promote the venue on campus and to the community.
The successful intern will be self-motivated and responsible for some of the following activities:
- Thinking of innovative ways to make the planetarium more visible in our community and on campus;
- Designing brochures, fliers, and other written materials;
- Planning special planetarium events;
- Writing press releases, newspaper articles, and short texts for the website and social media;
- Designing surveys and analyzing data;
- Participating in a weekly all-staff meeting.
Interest in Astronomy is a plus but not required.
Please submit the following application materials:
- Cover Letter
- Resume (please indicate expected graduation date)
- Writing and design samples and other relevant work if available
- Letter of recommendation if available.
It is never too early to indicate interest in the position.