Let’s all do our part to reduce our carbon footprint! The following are some easy ways you can help the environment.
Carpooling: Join a car pooling group. It not only helps the environment but will save you money! Check out Zimride for more information!
Enterprise: Enterprise CarShare is an automated way to rent a vehicle by the hour, the day, or overnight. A variety of makes and models are parked in your community – where you live, and where you work – and are accessible 24/7.
The Smartest Way for Students to Get Around
Cars when and where you need them, starting at $5*/hour!
Enterprise CarShare is thrilled to introduce our car sharing program at your school. Become a member today and let a car be one less thing to bring with you to campus!
Our car sharing program is a great way to get off campus to run errands or meet friends without the cost of car ownership. Become a member today for only $1! Your first-year membership fee is waived, plus all members will enjoy $5* hourly rates thanks to our partners at Nissan.
Enterprise CarShare vehicles are parked on your campus and hourly rates include fuel and damage/liability protection so you can go where you want, when you want.
- Mobile Reservations
- 24/7 Vehicle Availability
- Convenient, designated parking spots
Have questions? Click here for more information!
Public Transit: Rather than drive everyday, take the bus on days that you start late or end early. For more information on routes, schedules, and fares, visit MCTS
Biking: A great way to stay in shape and you’ll be surprised at how little time you actually save by driving instead of biking.
Biking to campus is an affordable alternative to get to campus that is also great for your health and the environment. Whether you need air for your tires, would like to find the best route, or even if you’d like to understand more about bicycle planning at UWM, you will find many answers to your bicycling needs>
Bublr Bikes is coming to campus! Through the efforts of the UWM Student Senate, we are able to offer FREE Bublr Passes to UWM students for the 2015-16 academic term. Eligible students must be enrolled and use their UWM email address to register.
Walking: Walking is a cost effective and healthy way to get around campus. Walking saves you the expense of gas, repairs, and other vehicle maintenance.
- It allows you to get exercise while enjoying the scenery and interacting with others along your path.
- It is easier and sometimes faster to walk than to drive or bike, especially during heavy traffic periods.
- Walking saves you the expense of gas, repairs, and other vehicle maintenance.
- It is much better for the environment than driving.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Look where you’re going, establish eye contact with motorists and bicyclists, and if you listen to music, limit the volume.
- Always obey all traffic signs.
- Carry a cell phone with you in case of an emergency.
- Walk in well-lit areas. Be aware of the blue light phones for emergencies around campus.
- Always travel with a friend or in a group.
Click the link below for walking directions and estimated times to UWM campus.
S.A.F.E. is an escort service designed to keep students safe on the streets around campus at night. Patrols run from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. 7 days a week in the near-campus area. They are trained and supervised by the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee Police Department and are available for students to utilize by calling 414-229-4627.
Electric Charging Stations: We have electric charging stations at Pavilion Parking lot, EMS Parking lot, and NWQ Garage Parking lot. Visit our interactive parking map for specific information.