This training session will cover UWM’s Chemical Hygiene Plan, how to implement it for lab safety and how to comply with safety standards. All university lab workers must complete training.
Wisconsin Department of Safety & Professional Services and OSHA laboratory standards require that all labs have written safety procedures for chemical use.
The plan is online for individual workers to adopt, revise to be lab-specific and utilize in everyday applications.
During fall 2017, training will be held on the following days:
- Tuesday, Aug. 29, 1:30-3:30 p.m. in Kenwood IRC Room 1140
- Friday, Sep. 15, 9-11 a.m. in Kenwood IRC Room 1160
- Monday, Oct. 2, 8-10 a.m. in Kenwood IRC Room 1140
- Thursday, Oct. 19, 1-3 p.m. in Engelmann Hall Room B38
- Thursday, Nov. 2, 1-3 p.m. in Architecture and Urban Planning Room 170
- Wednesday, Dec. 6, 9-11 a.m. in Kenwood IRC Room 1160
For more information or to register, contact Jennifer Herriges (email@example.com) or call 414-430-7508.