March 7-9, 2018
Wisconsin Dells, WI
Fulfilling the Promise is an annual conference for home visitors, program managers, and parent educators who provide home-based, group-based, and center-based support and education to parents of young children. Participants work in Family Resource Centers, Head Start, and Early Head Start, private agencies, health departments, hospitals, Birth to 3 programs, Even Start Family Literacy schools, county and tribal social service departments, and Early Childhood centers. Continuing our 2017 initiative, we would like to extend parent leadership and parent involvement as well, incorporating parent co-presenters and facilitators. Annually, the conference averages 300 participants from across the state. The first day will provide workshops for participants to learn more on specific topics. Day 2 will be a day-long session with keynote Dr. Donna Beegle, and Day 3 will provide a variety of full-day institutes for in-depth learning opportunities.
The Milwaukee Child Welfare Partnership (MCWP) and the conference planning committee invite proposals for workshops at the 23rd Annual Fulfilling the Promise Conference. Our theme this year is “Stronger Together: Cultivating Appreciation for Diversity in Children, Families and Communities” and we are very excited to bring Dr. Donna Beegle, a renowned speaker on poverty and diversity in America, as our keynote speaker on Thursday, March 8th.
- We are looking for workshop and institutes that focus on the following ideas:
Asking difficult questions about our own bias’
- Equality and how we challenge ourselves to change our behavior and the systems we work in
- Training Diverse Staff (across all diversity platforms: race, age, personality, etc.)
- Systematic issues of oppression
- Diversity across platforms: work areas, systems, racial, geographical
These are just a sampling of the many topics we’d love to see presented for the 2018 Conference. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions or clarification. Proposals are due September 8th, 2017 so please submit today, we’d love to have you be a part of this excellent opportunity!
Submit your proposal here
2017 Conference Session Materials
To access session materials click here.
2017 Conference Awards
Do you know a home visitor or family support staff member, supervisor, or program that deserves to be recognized for great work? Now is your chance to self-nominate or nominate a colleague/program for recognition at the 2017 Fulfilling the Promise conference! All winners will receive a recognition plaque and a prize to honor their commitment to quality services to families. Please note that there are three award categories: Family Support Worker/Home Visitor, Family Support/Home Visitor Supervisor, and two program awards. The Family Support Program award is specific to those programs who use evidence-informed practices and not are model- based. The Home Visitor program award is specific to model-based home visiting programs. Please make sure you choose the right category for your nomination.
Judges will be looking for specific examples under each nomination criterion, so this is not the time to generalize! Tell us WHY you think the nominee excels in each of the nomination criterion. Winners will be notified prior to the Fulfilling the Promise conference, so that they can be present to accept the award.
Here are the categories and the nomination links:
- 2017 Family Support Program award nomination: https://milwaukee.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_7UP3908WTX5U621
- 2017 Family Support Worker/Home Visitor award nomination: https://milwaukee.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_7Pul3Z9hP7q4UEl
- 2017 Family Support/Home Visitor Supervisor award nomination: https://milwaukee.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1TXfusN0NrJwped
- 2017 Home Visitor Program award nomination: https://milwaukee.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1Rqwsq5PRYD10wt