For PC purchases, L&S customers should use the procedure below to order from the UWM Dell Premier store; for Mac purchases, please follow the directions below for the UWM Apple Store. More information is available in our Purchasing Computers policy.
L&S Computer Purchasing Recommendations
Our office maintains a list of standard L&S PC, Mac, and printer recommendations to maximize performance and reduce support and supply costs. For more information, consult our L&S Purchasing Standards page.
Using the UWM Dell Premier Site
- Return visitors can login with their existing account at to the http://premier.dell.com/. To create an account, visit http://dell.uwm.edu. After entering your ePanther credentials, you’ll be forwarded to the Premier site to create an account.
- When you log in, a list of standard computer models will be displayed. Add a model to your shopping cart by clicking the Add to Cart link, or click Customize to specify a custom configuration. You can return to this main page by clicking on the Standard Configurations drop-down menu at the top of the page and selecting UWM Recommended Desktops and Laptops.
- When you have finishing shopping, save an E-Quote:
- Click the My Cart link in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Click the Save as E-Quote link at the bottom of the shopping cart.
- Complete the E-Quote form with the required information:
- If you are submitting the order on behalf of someone else, make sure to include the name of the intended recipient in the E-Quote Name.
- Include funding information in the Acct Fund Org Proj or Grant field.
- Select John Kempken as the Authorized Buyer from the drop-down menu and make sure that his information appears in the fields below.
- Click the Continue button to submit your E-Quote for review and order.
Using the UWM Apple Store
- Access the Apple Find Your School page, enter 53201 as your ZIP code, select ‘University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee’, and click the Shop for Yourself button.
- Search for and add your selected item(s) to the cart. Please note that L&S policy requires an AppleCare Protection Plan for all computers and iPads.
- When you’ve finished shopping, click the Cart link in the top right corner to display your shopping cart.
- To create a quote, click the Create Saved Cart link underneath the large Update button and enter the following information in the page that appears:
- Your information in the Name and Phone Number fields.
- firstname.lastname@example.org in the E-mail field
- If you’d like a copy of the quote, enter your e-mail address in the Send Copy To: field. (optional)
- In the Comments field, enter your name, the name of the intended computer user, the funding string (if known), and any other relevant information.
- Click the Submit button to send us your quote–we’ll contact you shortly to confirm your purchase or ask any follow-up questions.