All current staff members can be reached at (414) 229-4345.
Max Yela, Special Collections Librarian
- M.S. (LIS), Simmons College
- B.A. in History, University of Massachusetts-Amherst
- Adjunct Associate Lecturer, UWM Department of Art & Design
- Curriculum vita
Support Staff, Interns, and Graduate Assistants
Alice Ladrick, Department Manager (Library Services Assistant, Adv/Lead)
Alex Keimel, Graduate Student Assistant (Captain)
Eddie Chapman, Graduate Student Assistant
Cameron Fontaine, Graduate Student Assistant
Charlotte Lange, Graduate Student Assistant
Katie Stollenwerk, Graduate Student Assistant
Jun Wilkinson, Shelving
Sarah Finn, Shelving
Graduate Assistants and Interns perform important duties in the Special Collections Department. Usually these students are enrolled in UWM’s School of Information Studies, but several of our interns have also come from the Department of Visual Art, the Department of Art History, and the Museum Studies Program.
Past Interns and Graduate Assistants — Where Are They Now?
- Kalani Adolpho – Diversity Resident Librarian, UW-Madison Libraries, Madison, Wis.
- Hans Baierl – District Librarian, Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac Campus.
- Lindsay Barone – Anthropology doctoral candidate at UW-Milwaukee.
- Chris Barth – Librarian and Associate Dean at the United States Military Academy at West Point.
- Shauna Borger – Educational Technologies Librarian, University of Wisconsin Parkside, Kenosha, Wisconsin.
- Carol Brill – Director (Retired), Alverno College Library, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Rebecca Buchmann – Library Assistant, New London Public Library, New London, Wis.
- Barbara Bythell – Reference Librarian, Milwaukee Area Technical College, Oak Creek Campus, Oak Creek, Wisconsin.
- Emma Cobb – Librarian I, West Allis Public Library, West Allis, Wis.
- Elizabeth Collins
- Jennifer Clyde – Circulation & Reference Department Supervisor, ASRC Aerospace/GRB Environmental.
- Molly DeWolff – Reference Librarian, Santa Clara Library, St. George, Utah.
- Michael Doylen – Interim Associate Vice Provost & Director of the Libraries, UW-Milwaukee Libraries.
- Shannon Erb – Cartographic and Monographic Metadata Librarian, University of Minnesota Libraries, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Gareth Evans – Lecturer, Department of English, Indiana University, Bloomington.
- Elizabeth Flaig – Curatorial Department Administrator, Milwaukee Art Museum, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Roberto Harrison – Technology Support Librarian, Medical College of Wisconsin and Milwaukee-area poet and publisher.
- Cynthia Heck
- Leslie Heinrichs – Former Academic Archivist, UWM Archives, now raising a family.
- Cindy Herzog
- Jessie Hsueh – Staff Reporter, Council of Cultural Affairs, Taiwan.
- Ismoon Hunter-Morton – Reference Librarian, Forest Grove City Library and the Multnomah County Library System, Oregon, and Trustee on the Oregon State Library Board of Trustees.
- Karen Jander – Head, Serials Dept., UW-Milwaukee Libraries.
- Hayley Jackson – College Archivist, Luther College, Decorah, Iowa.
- Elizabeth Kamper – Instructional Design Librarian, UW-Milwaukee Libraries.
- Amelia Klem Osterud – Branch Manager, Capitol Library, Milwaukee Public Library.
- Rick Krause – Jazz Musician, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Kristine Krueger
- Abby Landers (Von Arx) – Tech Services/Adult Reference Librarian, Elm Grove Public Library, Elm Grove, Wis.
- Carrie Leatherman – Natural Sciences Librarian, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Mich.
- Cheryl Loshko – Graduate School Admissions Coordinator, School of Engineering, UW-Madison, Madison, Wis.
- Bobbi-Jean Ludwig – Circulation Supervisor/Librarian, Hedberg Library, Carthage College, Kenosha, Wis.
- Anna Michelle Martinez-Montavon – Instructional Design Librarian, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana.
- Donna McCrea – Head of Archives & Special Collections and Associate Professor, Mansfield Library, University of Montana-Missoula.
- Sarah McDaniel – Coordinator, Library and Information Literacy Instruction, UW-Madison, Madison, Wis.
- Sue Mobley – Assistant Director, Reedsburg Public Library, Reedsburg, Wis.
- Nina Morris – International Strategy Co-ordinator, Engineering and Physical Sciences, University of Birmingham, England.
- Lena Negley – Curator, Fairfield Art Museum, Sturgeon Bay, Wis.
- Alison Newman
- Amber Norkett – Co-Manager of Information Technology, Bradley Center, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Brian Novak, Librarian, Science and Technology Dept., St. Louis Public Library.
- Anne Quinn
- Michael Roberts – Milwaukee-area poet, deceased 2010.
- Marc Sanders – Course Books Manager, UW-Milwaukee Bookstore.
- Rebecca Steffens – Technical Trainer/Application Support & Specialist, Blank Rome LLP, Washington, DC.
- Jennifer Stevenson – PhD candidate and Research Assistant, UWM School of Information Studies, and Archivist, Archdiocese of Milwaukee, St. Francis, Wis.
- Hailey Strickon
- Cindy Taylor – Independent Artist, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Nancy Thomadsen – Librarian, Severson Center, Alliance for Children and Families, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Emily Voss – Marketing Specialist, UW-Milwaukee School of Freshwater Sciences; MALLT & MLIS – Expected 2018.
- Lee Wagner – Academic Librarian, UW-Washington County Library, West Bend, Wis.
- Kathryn Weisbeck – Circulation Supervisor, Hartland Public Library, Hartland, Wis.