Mathias, Molly Susan
User Experiences Librarian
User Services - User Experiences
- Journalism, Advertising, and Media Studies
- Leadership, assessment and communication of services and Learning Commons philosophy.
- Serve as a liaison with Learning Commons partners and identify best practices for collaboration.
- Develop services that enhance support of undergraduate curriculum and information needs.
- Master of Library and Information Science – University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Master of English – University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Bachelor of Arts, Linguistics & English – University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- American Library Association, 1998-Present
- Association of College and Research Libraries, 2000-Present
- Wisconsin Association of Academic Librarians, 2004- Present
Selected Publications & Presentations
- "Learning From Our Students’ Freedom of Speech: Assessing Whiteboard Questions In The Learning Commons"
Poster Session. ACRL Conference March 30th - April 2nd, 2011.
- “Teach to Divergent Learning Styles: Make Them Motivated.” Co-presenter. Wisconsin Association of Academic Librarians Conference. Green Lake, Wisconsin. April 2009.
- Internet review of Chronicling America http://www.loc.gov/chroniclingamerica in the Association of College and Research Libraries News. Volume 69 Number 11, December 2008.
- “Infusing Campus Collaboration Using a Library Administered First Year Experience Program.” Association of College & Research Libraries 12th National Conference. Minneapolis, Minnesota. April 9, 2005.
- “Mobilizing Your Instruction Program with Wireless Technology” Net Effects: How Librarians Can Manage the Unintended Consequences of the Internet. Ed. Marylaine Block. Medford, NJ: Information Today Inc., 2003. 101-110. (Book Chapter)
- Information Literacy
- Literary Cannon & Literature
- Curriculum Development and At-Risk College Students
- Internet Research