Interpretations of the Law
- Library of Congress Copyright Center
- Legal Information Institute at Cornell University Law School
- Copyright Section includes links to the full text of court decisions
- Guide to Copyright for Music Librarians
- Music Library Association Legislation Committee site specifically oriented toward copyright issues and music materials. (note: this site is regularly updated)
- Stanford University Libraries Copyright and Fair Use Guide
- Copyright Law and Fair Use: Why Ignorance Is Not Bliss – A Case for Using Guidelines an April 1998 article inTechnology Source
- Copyright Management Center at Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis. CMC is run by Ken Crews, a professor of law and librarianship.
- Fair Use Checklist from Columbia University will help you determine if your intended use is within the bounds of Fair Use.
The College of William and Mary has created a video explaining the very basics of copyright