How long does the laptop circulate? 7-days. Laptops are not renewable.
What are the fines and fees for late or damaged laptops?
▪ Overdue fines are: $5/hour.
▪ You will be billed for reasonable repair or replacement costs up to $1,250 if the laptop or components are damaged, lost, or stolen.
What happens when I borrow a laptop?
A library worker will inspect the laptop for damage and check for all parts when you check out and return the machine. Please do not return laptops to the book drop or leave them on the counter.
What do I get when I borrow a laptop?
▪ Carrying case
▪ AC power supply
▪ A copy of the Laptop User Instructions
▪ Optional – Surge Protector
▪ Optional for MacBook – external DVD/CD-ROM drive
Saving your work
You will need to save your work to a USB flash drive to your OneDrive cloud space or some other form of external storage. Laptops are reset and data deleted after every shutdown.
You can print to to the UWM Wireless printing (WEPA) system from the laptops by: