The links on this page are provided for the reference of office managers and other UWM employees interested in State- and University-wide records policy. In general, these links are provided in ascending order of requirement, with the records management guidelines serving mainly as “best practices” suggestions and the State of Wisconsin statutes and federal statutes being mandatory for all employees. However, following the laws and guidelines on this page helps improve the efficacy of the records management process and protects university offices from legal ramifications.
For help with interpretation of any of the below, please contact the University records officer.
UWM Records Management Guidelines
- State of Wisconsin, Public Records Board
- University of
Wisconsin (Madison), Archives and Records Management
- University of Wisconsin System Public Records Management
- UW Board of Regents Policy 3-2, Public Records Management
- Wisconsin Admin. Code chapter ADM 12, Electronic Records Management
- Wisconsin Attorney General Opinion 77-100, Drafts as records
- Digitization Systems: Overview and Caution on the Imaging of Public Records
- Public Records on Social Networking Sites
- Managing Records in Cloud Computing Environments