UWM Pride Discovery Camp is designed to inspire LGBT+ high school students to embrace their multiple identities and gain a better understanding of marginalized identities through community building, activism, self-expression, and connections in the LGBT+ Communities. Pride Discovery Camp provides a unique camp experience that empowers and enriches students with confidence and leadership skills and encourages campers to realize their full potential.
By the end of the camp, participants will be able to…
- Identify and describe components of their own identities that give them power and privilege as citizens and leaders in our society.
- Discuss ways in which queer or ally leaders can work together collectively to build a sense of belonging and acceptance.
- Identify key resources and best practices for community building while acknowledging the multiple histories of the LGBT+ communities.
- To explore introspectively and to understand one’s own identities.
- Identify and work with a network of peers and build a strong sense of community and support.
When and where is UWM Pride Discovery Camp?
Date: Tuesday, June 27th to July 2nd (5 Nights, 6 Days)
Location: 2200 E. Kenwood Blvd., Milwaukee, WI 53211
(University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee)
- Applicants must be enrolled in high school.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 13-18.
- Applicants must demonstrate a need for financial assistance to participate in the camp.
- Applicants must complete and submit a Scholarship Application by June 15, 2017.
- Priority deadline is May 31, 2017.
- Applicants must have completed the registration application prior to the scholarship application.
- Scholarship recipients will receive their acceptance/denial for the scholarship and will directly be disbursed into their registration account.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
We appreciate the support of Milwaukee Pride, who encourages our campers and Milwaukee to #LiveProud.