The PRIDE Message was developed to improve retention and satisfaction of new students at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. The items listed in the PRIDE Message are based on behaviors of successful students on our campus. UWM is committed to helping students utilize the PRIDE Message to be the best they can be and to help them navigate all of the resources and opportunities available. It’s great to be a Panther – so show some PRIDE!
For the full PRIDE Message, click here.
How does the LGBT Resource Center actively embody the PRIDE message?
We do a variety of things on campus to actively engage with the UWM PRIDE message, below are some of the things we do!
- Check your PAWS, D2L and email accounts daily
- Figure out your finances – complete the FAFSA, consider an on-campus job
- Use a planner – set a schedule, put dates from your syllabi in your planner
- Develop a graduation plan and meet with your academic advisor once a semester
- Research career and major options