The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Resource Center at UW-Milwaukee is to connect with various student populations and the community at large by:
- Embracing the diversity of the UWM student community.
- Increasing the awareness, education, and presence of LGBT issues on the UWM campus.
- Providing a resource for students and community members wanting to learn about and advocate for LGBTQ+ issues.
- Providing a safe-space for all LGBTQ+ students and their allies at UWM to give and receive social and emotional support.
- Fostering student leadership, and personal, academic, and professional growth through collaborations on and off campus.
The LGBT Resource Center is a student led and funded initiative to serve UW-Milwaukee students and the general University community.
The LGBT Resource Center envisions an inclusive campus community free of discrimination in all forms where social justice inspires community engagement and equality.