Applicants must apply and submit materials to both the Graduate School and to MALLT. See the MALLT Program Application Checklist for more information about application requirements.
More information about out of state admission regulations can be found here: http://www4.uwm.edu/future_students/online/complaint-contacts.cfm
Applying to the Graduate School
To apply to the Graduate School you will need to do the following:
- Visit the Graduate School website to review the admission requirements and complete the Graduate School Degree Application:
- Pay the application fee(s): a $56 application fee is required of all applicants, and an additional $40 evaluation fee is required for applicants with college-level work from non-U.S. colleges
- Request that official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate studies be mailed to the Graduate School at the following address:
P.O. Box 340
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201-0340
If you send materials by a courier service such as FedEx, UPS or DHL, please use the street address of the Graduate School:University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Mitchell Hall 261
3203 N. Downer Avenue
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53211
Applying to MALLT
MALLT does not require a separate program application. Applicants are required to submit the following materials directly to the MALLT Coordinator:
- Three letters of recommendation
- Letters must be written on institutional letterhead, be signed and dated, and be sent directly to the program by the referee
- All letters should be accompanied with a Letter of Recommendation Form (pdf, doc).
- At least two of the letters should be from instructors acquainted with your academic work and potential.
- Letters should address the following: the length and nature of your acquaintance with the applicant, their academic preparedness for graduate level work, and related research and/or work experience.
- Statement of purpose
- This should be a well-developed statement of at least 500 words outlining your academic background and interests, reasons for graduate study in the MALLT program, intended concentration, and professional goals. This statement will serve as your writing sample.
These items should be sent to the following address:University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
MALLT Program Office
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201-0413
Or, if you are sending the letter via a courier service such as FedEx, UPS, DHL, use the following street address:Coordinator, MALLT Program
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Curtin Hall 825
3243 N. Downer Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53211