is a program designed to engage with and support first-generation students. Currently, UWM consists of 41.4% of first generation students.
- Receive information about U1.0, campus resources, and to meet other faculty and staff who were first generation students.
- Share personal success stories to encourage and inspire other first generation students.
- Engage in interactive workshops facilitated by distinguished faculty/staff:
- Financial Management facilitated by Dr. Rebecca Neumann of the Economics department.
- Stress Management facilitated by Samantha Hornak of Norris Health Center.Academic Resources and Study Tips facilitated by Nicole Heinen of P.A.S.S.
- Resume and Job Search facilitated by the Career Planning and Resource Center.
As a member of a Living Learning Community at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, you get to be part of a “community within a community” by living in the residence halls among students with similar interests. There are multiple Living Learning Communities at each UWM residence hall. For more information on LLC’s click here.