Class Year: 2019
School: College of Health Sciences
Major: Healthcare Administration Minor: Business Administration
Meaning behind being First-Generation:
- That I have an opportunity to do what no one in my family has ever done and in spite of all the challenges I’ve had and still able to overcome, I’ve been able to be an example and set the bar for other family members to be encouraged to attend college for generations to come.
Advice for other First-Generation students:
- I would tell them that they shouldn’t be afraid to seek help. UWM has a lot resources and people are willing to help you just have to take the step and reach out. And DON’T ever feel like you don’t belong because you do!
Favorite Resource on Campus:
- Panther Academic Support Services (PASS)
Best Place to Study on Campus
- Gold Meir Library on the third floor.
- I am really proud of taking the step and attending college. Honestly I didn’t think I would be here at UWM today considering my background. I came to the U.S. without knowing a lick of english, which was a struggle but despite of it I persevered and I kept a good GPA.
Best Thing About UWM:
- There are so many things I like about UWM, the first one is the diversity of it. I really love how diverse it is, there are many people from different parts of the world. Second I love the resource UWM provides with students mainly PASS. PASS has helped me tremendously with my classes!